Friday 22 May 2020

Fiji

This week for Writing I was learning to use juicy verbs
Next time I write more.

Using a taxi to get to my Dad’s sister’s house, we ate fruit cake as soon as we got there. She gave me loving hugs and kisses, because she was excited. Her hugs felt warm and she smelt like flowers. Two days later, my Dad’s sister and I got in a taxi. I was squished. We were off to our village. We met up with my brother, Tukai. Jumping in the truck, it was a long trip to get to our village. The village was small, bare, and the houses were made out of wood. Stepping out of the house, onto the mangroves, buzzing mosquitoes bit us everywhere. I smelt like walking bug spray. Besides the mosquitoes, it was fun meeting my cousins, swimming at the rocks, and playing King of the Hill. Vinaka.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.